When you book an IELTS test with the British Council, you also get included in your test fee:
- Exclusive, free access to our popular online preparation course Road to IELTS Last Minute course, which includes 100 interactive activities, 9 video tutorials and two IELTS Academic practice tests for each of the four skills
- Five extra Test Report Forms for free that we send free of charge to institutions you’re applying to (e.g. immigration offices, universities etc.)
Choose how to take your IELTS test and book online
You can take your test at our official test centre on paper or on a computer. All you need is a valid identification document and a bank card if you want to pay online.
|Tests we offer||Fee||Available test dates|
|IELTS Academic - in centre (paper or computer)||152,877 CFA||Find a test date|
|IELTS General Training - in centre (paper or computer)||152,877 CFA||Find a test date|
|IELTS Academic for UKVI - in centre (paper or computer)||167,000 CFA||Find a test date
|IELTS General Training for UKVI - in centre (paper or computer)||167,000 CFA||Find a test date|
|IELTS Life Skills - in centre (A1 and B1)||114,000 CFA||Find a test date
What you need to book
A valid identification document. When you register, you’ll need to upload a scan of your ID. It must be valid at the time of booking and on the test day. If you're under 18, your parents will also need to complete the Parent consent for candidates under 18 form. IELTS is not recommended for anyone under 16.
You can pay for your test either in cash/cheque or via bank transfer. You can pay for your test in one of the following ways:
i) With a cheque made payable to 'British Council'
ii) In person by cash or via credit and debit cards using POS at the British Council Dakar reception desk.
|DAY||REGULAR OPENING HOURS|
|Monday-Friday||08:30 - 18:30|
|Saturday||10:00 - 17:00|
iii) Via bank transfer
Bank Name: Ecobank Senegal
Address: KM 5, Avenue Cheikh Anta Diop, B.P. 9095 CD Dakar, Senegal
Account number: SN094 01001 100254051001 52
Account holder name: British Council Senegal
SWIFT code: ECOCSNDA
Please write your full IELTS reference number alongside your name on the deposit slip
Once you have made the payment, please send us the bank transfer receipt with the rest of your registration documents via email at email@example.com
After you have booked your test
You will receive emails confirming:
- the start time of your test and the venue address
- your Speaking Test date
- your access to the free online preparation course: Road to IELTS Last Minute Version.
More information about the test
Download and read our Information for Candidates, which contains important information about the test format, the question types, and the test results.
Make sure you have a form of valid ID (passport or national ID card) at hand, as you will need to send a clear scan of it when you book your test. Please note that candidates under 18 years of age have to supply written consent by a parent or guardian in order to apply for a test place.
Please note that IELTS is not recommended for test takers under the age of 16.
Once your booking is complete, you will receive the following emails:
- Once you have completed the booking process, you will receive a confirmation giving you the start time of your test and the venue address.
- Your Speaking test may be scheduled on the same day as the other sections, or on a different day within a 7-day window before your main test day. The test centre will send you a confirmation for the Speaking Test date.
- After booking your test, you will also receive an automatic email with your access codes to the free online course: Road to IELTS.
You will also receive your IELTS Reference Number to access the Test Taker Portal. Please make sure that you have included your email address correctly when you book your test.