Registration for the 12th International Language and Development Conference, Language and the Sustainable Development Goals, is now open. All delegates, speakers, British Council staff and guests must register.
We still have a few places remaining, so we recommend booking as soon as possible.
Who should attend
The conference is aimed at policy makers, development professionals, the NGO sector, private sector, artists and creative industry representatives, researchers, and all those with a perspective on and experience in the role of language in society.
The conference will be of particular interest to those who are working in the fields of education and skills, employment and economic development, arts, culture and creative expression, law, migration, conflict, peace and reconciliation.
Download the Joining Instructions and Hotel (also available below)
Download the Cultural Programme (also available below)
The conference starts on Monday, November 27 2017.
|PASS TYPE||STANDARD FEE|
|Discounted||£130 / 99,840 FCFA|
Sold by British Council UK
- Standard pass applies to all those attending the conference who do not qualify for a discounted rate.
- Discounted pass is only available to delegates and speakers resident within the African Union and the discount will automatically be applied during the registration process.
- Complimentary pass. Invited guests will be given a promotional code which must be entered during the registration process.
The conference fee is an all-inclusive cost and includes:
- access to all plenary sessions
- access to all parallel sessions
- lunch and refreshments throughout the conference
- complimentary Wi-Fi in the conference venue
- an invitation to the Gala dinner on the evening of 27 November
- conference pack
- access to post conference publication available for download.
Please note that the conference fee does not include accommodation, international or local travel.
Payments can be made by
- Credit card
- Bank transfer
- Cheque (for delegates resident in Senegal only)
- WBS (for British Council staff use only)
All card payments must be made in pounds sterling (GBP). Credit card payments can be made using either Visa or Mastercard.
Delegates and speakers resident within the West African Economic and Monetary Union member states, UEMOA can make payment in West African CFA francs (FCFA) using the bank transfer payment option.
Delegates resident in Senegal can also make payment by cheque in FCFA.
Invoices will not be issued but all delegates will receive a registration acknowledgement at the point of registration and a registration confirmation once payment has been received.
Registration terms and conditions
Please see here for full terms and conditions.