Guidelines for submission of abstracts
Proposals for papers and other types of presentation should be submitted in either English or French on the proposal form and sent to LDC2017@britishcouncil.sn by 31st May 2017.
The proposal form is available to download below.
Potential presenters must submit:
- An abstract of your presentation of up to 300 words
- A short biography of the presenter (or presenters) of up to 50 words
- If appropriate, indicate whether the abstract is based on ongoing or completed research
- Ensure that the context of your abstract is clear, such as the country or region of focus, the level of education addressed, the type of research etc.
- We encourage authors to have their abstract proof-read before submission.
- Please avoid using an overly long title for your presentation.
Criteria for selection of abstracts
The selection of proposals will be made by the Conference Programme Committee. In order to be considered for selection in the conference programme, proposals must meet the following criteria:
Relevance, showing a clear link to the central conference theme and chosen sub-theme
- Clarity, coherence and organisation
- Potential for audience interaction/involvement.
- Conference Programme Committee decisions on the selection of abstracts will be communicated to presenters by 11 July 2017.
Deadline for submissions: 31 May 2017
Notification of acceptance will be communicated by: 11 July 2017
Deadline for presenters to register and confirm their participation: 22 September 2017
The conference: 27-29 November 2017